Thank You for joining! Your payment is currently being processed.
New members are the lifeblood of our organization. We would like to extend a heartfelt welcome to you as a new member of the Tampa Hackerspace family! The following next steps will get you connected to our community workshop:
- View and take the test following the New Member Orientation video found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Attend the Member Meeting on the 1st Tuesday of each month. Please print and fill out the following forms and bring them with you to the new member orientation. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5Y_T7r1JcP5MGVrcUFfWTRBUDg?usp=sharing
- Have a facility walk-through with one of the board members (generally done on Tuesdays).
- Receive your keycard after completing 1, 2 and 3 above.
- Accept the invitation for our Slack team. This is how we communicate with other members and give and receive feedback on our various innovation centers. Slack has mobile applications to download and can be utilized as a web based service. It is free and very effective tool. If you do not receive your Slack invite to our team, please let us know at email@example.com. While you are waiting for your keycard, you can ask in the #member channel, “Is anyone at the space?” The resident bot will let you know if the space is open so you can use the facilities.
- Signup for our Meetup page to keep up on all the classes we host. http://www.meetup.com/Tampa-
- Like our Facebook Pages https://www.facebook.com/
TampaHackerspace/?fref=ts and https://www.facebook.com/ groups/726700494008835/
Please note that once you have your keycard, you will not have immediate access to all of the tools. There are safety and usage classes required for the 3D printers, laser cutter, wood shop, and machine shop. These are scheduled at least monthly but all are taught by volunteers so they may pop up on the calendar with fairly short notice.
If you have any questions you can reach the Board using firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember we are an all volunteer organization so it may take 4-12 hours for a reply. In fact, everything is handled by volunteers. We have no paid staff.
We are a 501(c)(3) organization. We are listed as Inspiration Labs dba Tampa Hackerspace. So just be aware that you may see Inspiration Labs on your payment records.
Again, welcome to Tampa Hackerspace!!! We look forward to our future!!!