Normally, we would be inviting you to one of our open make nights to meet the members, see the space and learn more about our organization. Given these trying times, that’s not happening. 🙂 In response to the novel coronavirus pandemic, we’ve updated our new member on boarding process as follows.
Join our Slack team. You can request an invitation by contacting us.
Attend a scheduled tour of the space and learn about our mission and culture. We will also explain the process to grant access to the space and tools. We will announce these tours on our Slack team.
Start your membership on Wild Apricot (our membership system)
Help you find the resources you need for your projects and interests.
Provide sign-off opportunities for the tools you wish to use.
Help you find the best ways to give back to the community.
Completing this is key to successfully joining. As a completely volunteer run organization, we want to be sure new members have some understanding about the organization. It’s not just a bunch of tools in a workshop.
Once you setup your membership account, new members will also complete the following steps:
1) Wait for and read the welcome email.
2) Watch an orientation presentation.
3) Complete a brief quiz to ensure they understood the presentation.
4) Conduct a security walk-through with one of our board members.
5) Receive an access badge which will be activated within 24 hours of receipt.